Sunday, August 24, 2008

What goes together like peanut butter and jelly?

Well in China the answer is foot massages and duck tongues. Oh wait, that was just our adventurous afternoon. A few of the ladies from our group went around the corner and had the best foot massage ever. Foot massage in China means your back, neck, and entire leg massage. Forty-five minutes for 58 yuan about $10. Bliss.

We decided to splurge for dinner since it was our last night without kiddos so we went to a very fancy restaurant on the top floor of our hotel. We had our own private dining room - very classy. The only catch was no one spoke any English. We decided to give it a go anyway - we told them we liked chicken and beef, which I think were part of the 20 or so dishes they brought us. The meal was truly spectacular.

There were a few items not found on our menu back home including duck tongue, jelly fish, and either squid or octopus, I wasn't sure. I tried everything but the jelly fish - which I hear was crunchy and quite salty. We had three soup courses, and two dessert courses if that clues you into this meal - AMAZING! All for around $30/ person - you can't get that at Applebees. I will leave you with some photos of our fun and feasting.

Stay tunes - we get the children in the morning - wohoo!


[Relaxing: Laura, Teri & I]

[Foot Heaven]


[Some sort of poultry - very delicious]


[Do you think they give everyone gloves, or just us?]

[Mmmm, duck tongue]

[Jellyfish]

[More Duck]

[Don't forget the squid]

What an unbelievable meal :)

10 comments:

Kay Bratt said...

I have never seen them give gloves before...interesting!

You tried duck tongue!? Eewww.... my husband used to try it at every company dinner but I am not that brave.

Kudos to you!

Kay

shelley said...

I can't wait to see your sweet boy with his forever mommy. I am definately trying a foot massage this trip.

Anonymous said...

I am trying to figure out how I missed the foot message. Glad you guys enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you are having a good time while you wait for our little guy to be yours.Today is the big day,hope all goes well,it will be a very special moment,you'll remember this for the rest of your life.BE Thankful,say a prayer and all will be good. Love you and think about you all the time,Mom and Dad.

Laura L. said...

Duck tongue? Oh dear. So glad I never saw that at dinner when we were in China. :) It does sound like you had an awesome meal though.
Soooo excited to hear about Jackson and see photos.

Kimberly said...

Wow - that sounds awesome! Can't wait to check in later tonight!

Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Tracy- We had a great weekend with Addie. We kept her busy with the pool, the waterfall & the whales. She has pictures to show Jackson. We did shopping, DQ, stars last night, bubbles & running circles through the house with Jill. You must be thrilled- you only have hours until you hold Jackson. We are anxiously waiting for pictures. Love you- Gma,Gpa,Russ,&Jill

Anonymous said...

Tracy, I am welling up as I listen to Addie's "singing" to Jackson. I am feeling very emotional right now, as read through your blog, it's just hours or minutes before you introduce your little one to Brody.
They came over to play after supper tonight. Addie was getting tired and needed a mommy, I was snuggling with her a little...Jake made it very clear to her that I was his mommy!
Dear friend, I want you to know we have been praying for you. As I write I am praying for you, knowing you are in the midst of another amazing experience! No comparison to a 10 course meal, hey!
God Bless you tracy. We will keep the swings movin' and the firepit rollin' 'til you get home! By the way Addie and Brody are coming over for supper tomorrow and he had lunch with us on Saturday, I'm taking responsibility for limiting his frozen dinner intake ;)...See you in a few. I look forward to seeing the new pics! Mary

Anonymous said...

WOW! I THINK YOU HAVE A FISHERMAN!What a wonderful little boy.He looks very happy and content.We can't wait to hold and hug him.Tosee you two together makes it all worth while.I talked to Brodie and I think he's flying high.LOVE MOM AND DAD.P.S. We'll take good care of Addie next week.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.