Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ups and Downs

Another day of ups and downs. Today has been a tough day so far. 8:30 am medical appointment with a child that is extremely weary of doctors, with good reason. We also had a photo at the visa photo place and a 2 hour paperwork session. Let the fun begin people!!

As you could imagine the meltdown and constant holding/pushing away started at the doctors and continued until he could yell no more - he finally feel asleep and is napping. This trip is no life for a toddler let me tell you - it's hard. He was tired and hungry and I had a gazillion forms, plus a few more to fill out. Thankfully we appear to have everything we need in order to get a visa for Mr. Xi Tao Chuan, AKA Action Jackson, Chuan Chuan, Squirming Worm, and baby Jackyl and Hyde. Thankfully I did not have to list all his new nicknames on the visa request form.

I really hope that some of this rage goes away - it is really hard to cope with by myself. I have only the people that I am traveling with to occasionally hold him, but it has been so, so difficult. I cannot wait to get home to a familiar place, to my family that I miss like crazy and to provide some consistency for this little guy.

Here are some pictures:


With my buddy, #2 Kern


Red Couch Chaos


I like the madness!


Mom - did you plan for me to match?


Group Photo: Homeland & Hand in Hand Families


Me & Mom


Just waking up


Trying to mingle with the ladies


The bib says it all


Adoption Medical Exam

6 comments:

Sarah Graves said...

Tracy,
I love all the nick names you have for Jackson!! Sending you hugs and good thoughts that Jackson can find a little peace ( and you too!!).

I agree that Guangzhou helps!!! On Maggie's trip in 2003 she cried/screamed and tried to escape the hotel room for the first week in Wuhan but she had a real change of heart when we got to Guangzhou and the WS. I got my first smile as she climbed around the crib (which she never slept in!!) in the White Swan.

I hope things improve for you too!! Getting home will help.

all the best,
Sarah @ CDS

Kelli Smith said...

Tracy,

What an adventure! Exciting but challenging. Sounds so similar to our "adventure" to Kazakhstan six years ago. Our daughter was wild, but six and totally out of control. I makes me smile to think how far she has come.

We have a little girl in Wuxi and would love to contact the gal that you gave the email address to. Could you send that to me if you have a chance? It is cutoff on the blog and when I try to click on it, it looks like it will post to the whole group.

Blessings to your family!
~Kelli Smith

Laura L. said...

Hi there. I love seeing your group photo and Red Couch photos. You are just a few days now from heading home! Just hang in there a bit longer.
I'm sorry that the trip has been so hard. I do understand what a raging child is like. No, not in China, but definitely BTDT a lot. You are seeing it on the front end of things. So sorry you are having a hard time. Home is but a few days away.
I will pray for both of you.
Hugs,
Laura

Helen said...

Tracy,

Sending you some prayers and good thoughts. Sorry to hear you're not having a very easy trip. Hope it gets better and that you'll soon be back home with your family. Hang in there!

Helen (from CDS)

Sheri said...

Hang in there, Tracy - only a few days more - so sorry Jackson is giving you a challenging time, poor little tike - it's sooo confusing - made even worse because he's not feelng well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you - check out the you know what for the trip home, too!!

HUGS!

Sheri

Kimberly said...

Hi Tracy,

I wish we were there with you in Guangzhou to help. So hard to be so close but so far. I can imagine it is tough on your own. We have two now and find we are almost outnumbered already! Not much longer and your little guy will be home with so much more support for you both.

I love reading your blog and seeing all of his cute photos!

we have skype if you are looking for a chat at some point - just let me know!

Kimberly