Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hello from Guangzhou!!

Why is it that everything seems better in Guangzhou - it is like the Disney World of Adoption if that makes sense. Maybe because we are that much closer to home! We are at the White Swan - definitely in need of renovations, nothing has changed since 2006, we'll probably since 1980. Anyway, they are all about service here. The scooped us up from the airport, we were all tired and hot and whisked us to the hotel. During the whisking Jackson blessed us all with a very nasty diaper that was changed via a team effort on the white slip covered seats of the bus. Thanks for everyones' assistance - hope your eyes are not still burning - whew.

He traveled like a champ - it wasn't easy - lots of redirection and diversion but we made it. I had a knot in my stomach the whole time just waiting for him to pitch a fit - it was exhausting. He promptly passed out it the stroller as we walked along the Pearl River. Ahhh-the stroller, don't jump on me I know I should be carrying him, but he has been glued to me for the last week and I think for my sanity and preparation for home life a little stroller time is a good thing. I do have to bribe him with treats and I can't stop moving at all or he needs to be either up or out. Addie was this way at 20 months too.

So after sleeping in the stroller we went to Lucy's for dinner - and I decided that he should wake up and eat a little since lunch consisted of snacks at the Nanjing airport - bad move - he was MAD!!! He cried for the better part of an hour and then went to sleep for the night 7pm-7am. He was wiped. This schedule is so hard on the children and the heat makes it even worse. Only a few more days until we are home.

I did some shopping today and got most of the "must haves" on my list at my favorite store next door then I will shop around for a few extras. We spent some time in the playroom at the WS - he loved it and there were a lot of kids there. We also had lunch with Laura G. and Emma at the deli - we had some ice cream. Jackson was not a fan, he will come around.

Here is a few photos to tide you over - it has been hard to take pictures, but maybe now that he is in a stroller it will be easier. We have red couch photos today at 5pm.


Chillin' at the Nanjing Airport


Hangin' with Mom at the White Swan

Our Pal Emma G.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Tracy, you get that child in a stroller if you need to and don't excuse yourself for doing it. You and Laura have done so much...alone! You're my two newest heroes! Rest your arms!
Truly, I am so glad to see you all in the last leg and eating Haagen Daz, and Lucy's...
Almost home, almost home, almost home.

Mommy said...

Glad things are going well. I know you'll be glad to be home!

(Xingfu Mommy)

Kimberly said...

Hi Tracy!

Cute photos! He is so darling and love your buddy Emma too!

I used a stroller with Cleo all the time in Guangzhou - she had a nasty heat rash from our first few days of carrying her around in a sling and she liked to have a little independence that way. 20 months is too busy to be strapped to a grown up all the time!

I read your comment about melting - not looking forward to that. You'll have to let me know if you find any great deals on the island. We are staying off-island, but a 10 minute walk so will be sure to visit!