Saturday, September 06, 2008

Home at Last!

Thanks everyone for the prayers - they definitely helped as we had a very, very good trip home. Jackson slept from Guangzhou to Shanghai (2 hours), he slept 11 of the 14 hours from Shanghai to Atlanta, and he slept the 2 hours from Atlanta to Chicago. The only hitch we had on our trip, besides carrying and checking our bags three times was an extra two hours on our Atlanta layover. We didn't get into Chicago until Friday morning at 12:30am. With that said the little guy was wide awake for the ride home, but he did great in the car seat as long as I gave him Cheerios.

He seemed to like Daddy right away, so that was a BIG relief to me. We finally got into bed around 3am and slept until 10:30am Friday morning. That afternoon he played with the neighbor boys while we waited for his big sister, Addie to get home. She was so excited - Auntie Lee brought her down from up north and it was truly a very awesome and emotional moment holding them both in my arms. They are doing really, really good together. Sleeping last night was another story. Jackson was up at 10, 11, 12:30, 3, 3:30 and finally for good at 6:30 this morning. My sister promptly fled the chaos - just kidding. She vacuumed the house, played with the kids while we clean up and then headed home. Huge thanks to Auntie Lee.

Jackson also met Brody's parents and will hopefully meet my parents - Nana and Poppa this weekend when they get home.

Tonight in our "keep Jackson awake" all day mission we went to the Folk and Blues festival at the college where I work, it was fun as always! Addie danced like crazy and Jackson bopped along and ate more Cheerios. He seems to be doing good at this point. The only one he is not to keen on right now is Harley the dog. Hopefully we succeeded in our mission and he will sleep tonight as we are both very tired.

Thanks for the support!

Love,

Tracy (Brody, Addison & Jackson)


Meeting Daddy


Holding my babies!


Home at last!


Am I a big sister now - You sure are!


Checking out the sandbox


Bubble Time



Man this place is great - free wagon rides!!

6 comments:

lpiccoli said...

Hey Tracy, glad to hear all went well. He looks so happy!!!! And Addison looks like a great big sister.

I hear you about the sleeping part. It is 1:15 am and I am here writing.....Emma just woke up.

Hang in there.

Hugs from GA,

Laura

Kimberly said...

Ni hao from Guangzhou, Tracy! So glad to see your update. Wow - you had a dream flight home, he slept all of that way. I'm so so happy for you guys!

We are here enjoying the rain. Wish we could have met you here but I'm so glad you are home with your little guy! We are home a week from today!

Congratulate your family for me!
KimberlyP

whtmtnmom said...

Hi guys! The kids and I are checking out blogs at 5am since we've been up since 3am! We are so happy to see all the happy-boy pics of Jackson at home. Hope the sleep went better last night. Miss you!

Lisen & crew

Stacy said...

Welcome Home!
I'm sure you are glad to finally be able to open a fridge, grab somthing and eat it. Turning on the faucet and brushing your teeth is nice also isn't it?
So glad his adjustment is going well.
XO Stacy

Anonymous said...

I loved meeting Jackson today!!! I can't wait to get to know him even better. He loves his mama! You can already tell.

Julia said...

Your kids are SO cute Tracy, I can't wait to see all the wonderful layouts on CDS that you create with TWO! :-)