Thursday, May 15, 2008

Two Months

Can you believe that our Dossier has been in China two months already. Where has the time gone. We are waiting on pins and needles, hoping to recieve our Letter of Acceptance (LOA) any day now. This precedes our Travel Approval (TA) which is our formal invitation from China to travel to Nanjing to pick up Jackson. I really feel in my heart that we will have him in our arms by the Fourth of July.

I had a dream about this - as silly as that is. Also I would love to be in Nanjing, because the Olympic torch is scheduled to go through July 6th. When I saw the torch schedule I thought, how cool would it be if we are there to see that.

On a more reality based note, if we do not get travel documents soon it could mean that we will have to wait until after the Olympics to travel. I would be sad, but alas it is not in our hands.

We do have a nice little travel group forming through the XingFu program - at least 5 families now so that will be fun.

I must put in a plug for this program they are amazing - Homeland Adoption Services - XingFu Program. It is direct placement special needs program with little or no wait for a referral. Last I heard they had several little boys and toddlers needing placements. So if you have it in your heart to adopt from China - give Pam or Nancy a call. The link for Homeland is on my sidebar.

That's it for now. Graduation ceremony and Masters hooding are this weekend - wohoo me! I am quite excited to be finished with this chapter of my life, a little sad though because I have loved my program, the students in it, and the faculty.

Have a wonderful weekend!

T.

No comments: